Out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Tracy Fuller has left Toronto to seek her fortune abroad. She will be recording her travels here. If you're interested, read all about it. Otherwise just scroll down for some pretty pictures.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

We're approaching cruising altitude...

Ok, so things are beginning to get interesting here. I went out with my co-workers last night to play a rousing game of Korean "pocketball" (I.E. Pool) and over the course of the evening the ENTIRE Ex-Pat ESL poplulation of Mokpo seemed to filter through the establishment. Crazy but also AMAZING!!! There are a lot more foreigners here that I expected, and many of them seem very kind and funny. Perhaps I've lucked-out coming to this small South Korean fishing port... (Don't worry, none of them are HALF as cool as my friends back home. There will be no replacing going on, I ASSURE YOU!)

Job-wise, I still can't conceive of myself as a teacher, but actually the work is coming very naturally to me and the kids are responding very positively to my instruction. Needless to say, that's probably a stary-eyed first-week-on-the-job perspective, but it's not a bad way to begin.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Tracy,
Sounds AMAZING! Just like the first week in Rez all over again? Party on, dudette! And stop promising these photos, POST THEM ALREADY!!! I NEED TO SEE!

Marmite says/bleats/squaks 'Hi', and no cheating with another lucky cat. That just won't do.

12:24 a.m., November 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home