Out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Tracy Fuller has left Toronto to seek her fortune abroad. She will be recording her travels here. If you're interested, read all about it. Otherwise just scroll down for some pretty pictures.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Whoa... Everything's written in Korean!

Well, I have arrived alive, although SEVERLY Jet-Lagged, in Mokpo, South Korea. They have already put me to work, however I am only shaddowing the other ex-pat teachers at Lee English Academy for the time being (which is FINE WITH ME!). I have set myself up in the school's apartment which I am presently sharing with 2 other teachers: Candice and Craig, both of whom are from Alberta, Canada. They are both very kind, accommodating and lovely, and the 3 of us may be making a jaunt to visit the De-militarized Zone this weekend to ensure that they both see it before leaving Korea for good. I haven't any pictures to speak of yet, but I promise I will post them once I remember to tote my camera with me when leaving the house. There is some resistance, on my part, of plaing the tourist role when if fact I will be living here for the next 12 months. But I'm sure everyone takes pictures initially, so if for no other reason I will make the effort just so that all of you can get a better idea of where I'm at and what my life is like here in Mokpo. I have yet to get internet installed in my apartment, but once that happens I promise to be a bit more in-touch on this front, so that you don't forget about me entirely or learn to live without my quirky out-written self.

Thanks again to all those who came out to SUPERMARKET on Sat. That was really good for my inner-self. It thanks you heartily. And for those I neglected to tell about my going-away-gig: I'm sorry. I was having a lot of trouble doing the goodbye thing and I thought it would be better just to leave without stirring up everyone's emotions. I now fell very different about that and I'm very sorry I was so insensitie. Please belive me when I say I love you and I miss you very much. Please don't cut me off! I was stupid, but I promise to try harder from now on.

Much Love, -- Tcy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracy! I'm certainly not holding that lack-of-information-giving against you, we already had our goodby breakfast and we didn't have to end it with overwhelming and teary goodbyes. Seems like it all worked out just fine.

What I really want to know is if you have a mailing adress? If I want to get you anything before you leave, I figure I should send it now.

3:00 a.m., November 25, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracy, do you still use the same hotmail address? I'm assuming you are.

4:29 p.m., November 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home