Out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Tracy Fuller has left Toronto to seek her fortune abroad. She will be recording her travels here. If you're interested, read all about it. Otherwise just scroll down for some pretty pictures.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Annoying...

Yesterday looked as though it was going to be a perfectly normal day until I left my first class and found the 9 disgruntled members of my youngest class waiting for me at my desk. Amidst the flurry of Korean words, pointed fingers and sloppy hugs, I was able to discern that Jessica had informed the class of imminent departure.

Now, there's no denying that I'm leaving the Hagwon. I will be high-tailing it out of here as fast as possible come Dec. 2nd, however for my youngest students, the ones who I've taught to read and write, I really wanted to have the chance to explain my departure myself. I knew it wouldn't be easy: for most of them I'm the first Hagwon teacher they've ever had. We have fun together in class, I see them every day, and I will miss them tremendously when I'm gone. That is precisely why I wanted to choose the right time and opportunity to tell them myself: so that I could explain why I'm abandoning them and somehow cushion the impact of my departure.

But all that went to SHIT yesterday. There were actual TEARS!!! -- And I'm not leaving for another whole MONTH!!!! Frickin' HELL!!! I was furious, but I'm sure I'll get over it after a Jess-free weekend. I don't know how she manages to rub me the wrong way almost every day, but she does... Oh, how she does....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home