Out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Tracy Fuller has left Toronto to seek her fortune abroad. She will be recording her travels here. If you're interested, read all about it. Otherwise just scroll down for some pretty pictures.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What now...?!?

Martial Law has been declared in Thailand following a military coup by the country's armed forces. Tanks are now rolling through the streets of Bangkok, and the Thai Prime Minister, who is presently stranded in the USA, has declared the city to be in a State of Emergency. Apparently turmoil has been brewing in Thailand since their last general election, and the current state of crisis erupted after 6 bombs were detonated last Saturday.

This may very well mean that my post-Korea plans will significantly, as I was slated to fly into Bangkok on November 20th. I shall be watching this calamity unfold and waiting too see what becomes of it. Perhaps I will have to limit my travels to Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam...

Or perhaps I will start looking into Singapore...

Who knows. But I hope this crisis ends quickly, not only for the sake of my selfishness, but for the sake of the Thais and others whose lives are now at stake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home