Out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Tracy Fuller has left Toronto to seek her fortune abroad. She will be recording her travels here. If you're interested, read all about it. Otherwise just scroll down for some pretty pictures.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Shark Dive




















It was a blast-and-a-half to go swimming with the terrifying fish living in the Busan Aquarium. Although I wasn't allowed to bring my own camera into the tank, the Dive Master took some shots for which he's now charging a ridiculous fee. I've downloaded some small copies to give you an idea of what I saw while I was down there. It was definitely a CRAZY experience -- ESPECIALLY after hearing about Steve Irwin's death (R.I.P.) only two days later. There were some large rays swimming around the Busan tank, however my tense yet titillated attention was focused on the grey nurse sharks, leopard sharks, and reef sharks circling in our midst. Apparently my apprehensions were slightly misdirected! Actually, we were warned to steer clear of the sea turtles as they have been known to bite people on occasion. In fact, the same recreational diver was nipped twice on two different shark tank diving excursions!!! You'll all be relieved to hear that I exited the water safely and even got to keep a couple of the sharks teeth I collected off of the aquarium floor.

Overall, it was a great experience and I might try to diving again before leaving the country. I'm looking forward to diving in Thailand and maybe upgrading my level to Advanced Open Water Diver. It's a whole different world down there. It belittles you in that a really good way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home