Out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Tracy Fuller has left Toronto to seek her fortune abroad. She will be recording her travels here. If you're interested, read all about it. Otherwise just scroll down for some pretty pictures.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Nunchucks

Can I ask you a personal question?

When you hear the name "Michaelangelo" what do you think of:

A) The master renaissance painter whose inspired frescos have made the walls of the sistine chapel the crowning glory of the Vatican?

Or,

B) The nunchuck-weilding cartoon "hero in a half shell" who wore his orange mask with pride and ate gross amounts of pizza without abandon?

Well, I felt much more like the later character than the former when I had my first experience with nunchucks in my Tae Kwon Do class this morning. They're really fun but really difficult to control. Again, all the 8 year-old around me were effortless masters at the skill, whereas I was (again) the flailing clown who incurred numerous bruises during practice. Who knew coordination could be so important?

There were, however, some other developments today: we did some kicking practice, which offered me an opportunity to demonstrate the limited skills I garnered in Toronto prior to my grand departure. So I can kick, and I proved that today. I am by no means good, but I do have some power there (which is liberating to remember and utilize). So things are looking up in the general learning-to-kick-ass department.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home