Out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Tracy Fuller has left Toronto to seek her fortune abroad. She will be recording her travels here. If you're interested, read all about it. Otherwise just scroll down for some pretty pictures.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Au revoir Monsieur Layton

One of Canada's literary icons "left the building" today. Irving Layton was a self-proclaimed arrogant asshole, but isn't that why we all (including his 5 divorced wives) loved him so much? Reminds me a bit of my grandfather for no good reason... Here are some "choice cuts":

Misunderstanding

I placed
my hand
upon
her thigh.

By the way
she moved
away
I could see
her devotion
to literature
was not
perfect.


On My Way To School

On my way to school
I used to pass
A Baptist church
And fields of grass.

"Jesus Saves"
Above the gate
Would comfort me
If I were late.

The church is gone,
The street is paved,
The Home Bank thrives
Where Jesus Saved.


R.I.P. old man. For more along these lines see http://irvinglayton.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home