Out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Tracy Fuller has left Toronto to seek her fortune abroad. She will be recording her travels here. If you're interested, read all about it. Otherwise just scroll down for some pretty pictures.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Sickness Stalls the Senses...

Today's unfortunately lacklustre itinerary:

9:00am -- Wake up (full of snot and coughing uncontrolably...)
9:15am -- Go to a doctor's office (under the supervision of my Korean boss's husband).
9:30am -- Have my temperature and blood pressure taken. Sit in the foreign doctor's office with numerous other sick persons. Total waiting time: 12 minutes.
9:45am -- Receive prognosis: I have asthma and (if my pocket translator serves me correctly) fluid in my lungs. I must return to this doctor again on Monday. Fee charged: a whopping $3.
9:50am -- Receive requisite needle in the bum (the result of any and every visit to a Korean doctor (or so say the other ex-pat's in Mokpo)).
9:55am -- Go to my first Korean pharmacist to pick up a melange of 7 pills to be take 3 times a day for the following 3 days. Fee charged: Another whopping $3.
10:04am -- Go to a dermatologist's office to assess the grossness that are my hands right now.
10:05am -- See the doctor who tells me that I have an infection and suggests that the cats in my midst might be negatively affecting my epidermis. "Rubbish," I think, "Pure RUBBISH!!!"
10:07am -- Receive a prescription and a bill (another $3).
10:10am -- Have my prescription filled at another Korean pharmacy (this time it was $3.50)
10:30am -- I arrive back at my apartment ready for my 1st nap of the day.
1:00pm -- I wake up coughing, and full of mucus. I eat lunch, download a movie, and walk to the supermarket to buy some more Kleenex and other essentials.
3:00pm -- Return home for nap #2.
5:00pm -- I wake up and eat some dinner, channel-surf until 9:00pm after which I watch another movie, watch the fireworks over the Mokpo Harbour (out the window of my 7th-floor apartment), and fall asleep before midnight alone in my apartment (Jessica decided to go out and be social).

Certainly not my most exciting New Year's ever, but perhaps a smart way to spend the weekend if I am to survive the next 2 months of intensive English language school. The public schools are now having their 2-month vacation so our Hagwon is running extra classes, inducting new students, and generally running FULL STEAM AHEAD until March. Needless to say, life in Tracyville is sadly simple: eat, sleep, work (sigh!).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're doing well! Too bad about new years. Do they have another (traditional one)? Is it too cold to exercise?

12:46 p.m., January 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home