Out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Tracy Fuller has left Toronto to seek her fortune abroad. She will be recording her travels here. If you're interested, read all about it. Otherwise just scroll down for some pretty pictures.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Dobok

I've splurged and bought myself a new Tae Kwon Do uniform, formally known as a "dobok". It is made by Adidas, its material is soft yet sturdy, it has the name of my school proudly printed on its back, there is a Korean flag stitched on its front, and generally I'm feeling like it's the coolest thing I own at present. I'm so giddy I might even sleep in the darn thing tonight! I never thought I'd be this excited about Tae Kwon Do, but now that the whole "you are going to be tested for your Black belt even though you're nowhere close to being ready for such a trail"-thing is over I am starting to enjoy the sport more and more. I'm very happy with my Red Belt and I wouldn't mind leaving Korea without advancing (colour-wise) any further.

Training in the humidity has proved to be a bit uncomfortable. I end up sweating like a beast after 5 minutes whereas my Master seemingly lasts the entire session without secreting a single bead of saline. It's terribly embarrassing! I'm actually beginning to believe the rumors circulating around the JimJillBong that Koreans don't perspire, which would explain the absence of ANY deodorants in Mokpo's supermarkets. Apparently you can go to the doctor and get a prescription to issue you some deodorant if you're really desperate, but I cannot be alone in thinking that that's a bit of a drastic measure. I'm just talking about some good old-fashioned sweat here. Jeeze!

Ok, so I'm sleeping in the Dobok tonight. It's official. I'm a loser. But I'll kick your ass if you say anything about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home